SATA AHCI Controller driver is required for all the storage devices to be connected with your computer. If you are Windows 10 user, you can start facing issues when your PC accesses the drives. In case SATA AHCI drivers are outdated, you need to update them right now. You also need to have ample time spend to select the most appropriate drivers for your storage devices. Many times, due to lots of motherboards and processors, it might be difficult for the users to find the correct driver.
So, this time we are here with the complete guidelines to let you know about the SATA AHCI controller drivers for windows and How SATA AHCI is different from IDE? Get ready to learn about the importance of SATA A AHCI controller driver for Windows. If you are still searching for how to update standard SATA AHCI Controller, this article would be the choice of you.
What is Standard SATA AHCI Controller?
SATA can also be considered as Serial ATA which is the acronym of Serial Advanced Technology Attachment. All-solid-state drives and hard drives connected to your PC require SATA to have control over all the storage devices using AHCI protocols. Most the devices require SATA 3 protocol for efficient drive functionality and serial signaling which results in much faster speed for file transfers.
SATA AHCI, as the name suggests, basically controls the BIOS of your computer. AHCI protocols also offer your PC a Native Command Queuing to optimize the entire SSDs and HDDs operations simultaneously. Hence Windows 10 users are capable to transfer the large data files with much faster speed.
Advanced Host Controller Interface or AHCI is responsible for offering communication channels between Windows 10 and SATA devices. AHCI SATA controller motherboard uses this protocol to switch all the SATA devices into AHCI mode using UEFI BIOS of your PC. AHCI enables you to connect or remove any SATA device with your computer without turning them off. Therefore, AHCI is the most powerful innovation which makes Windows 10 OS more responsive for your hard drives.
What is the Difference between AHCI and IDE?
Are you still have confusion about what’s the difference between AHCI and IDE? Here you will know the best key facts which completely distinguish standard SATA AHCI Controller and IDE for windows 10. You will also know – “Why SATA AHCI controller is mostly preferred over IDE ATA controller?”
- One of the major differences between AHCI and IDE is hot-swapping capability. AHCI let users replace the disk drives without turning it off. This is more convenient and quite handy in servers. But IDE is not capable to do so. Before AHCI, users need to shut down their PC again and again while replacing the disk drivers.
- SATA AHCI controllers provide Native Command Queuing support for much faster speeds and access time for both Hard Disk Drives and Solid Disk Drives. IDE, on the other hand, is not capable to do so.
- When it comes to the difference in physical appearance, SATA AHCI connectors and a little bit small in size with comparison to IDE connectors. Hence the connector cable is also thin and flexible.
With all these comparisons it’s quite easy to go-ahead for the Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drives for Windows 10 rather the traditional IDE controller drives.
How to Update Standard SATA AHCI Controller?
If you are looking for the guidelines for how to update standard SATA AHCI Controller, It means you have already downloaded the latest version on SATA AHCI controller driver for Windows 10. If you didn’t download the EXE file to install this driver on your PC, you can go there here the recommended download links.
Once you download and install the latest version of SATA AHCI controller driver, your Windows 10 OS automatically update the existing driver into the latest one. Through this method works fine for all users but sometimes it may fail due to internal outdates hard drives. But you don’t need to worry. You can update the SATA AHCI disk drives through Device Manager in Windows 10.
- Press Windows Key + X using your keyboard. Then, select Device Manager from the menu options
- Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Here you can look at the standard SATA AHCI controller.
- Bring the mouse cursor over it and click the right button. Then select Update Driver at the top. Repeat the same for all of these.
- Next, you will see a new window. In here, you need to select “Search Automatically for Updated Driver
- Software”. Once you select this option, Windows 10 OS will automatically update the Serial ATA AHCI drivers of your computer using your interconnection connection.
Hope you have found here the best ways to update SATA AHCI controllers driver. Besides, we have tried our best to publish the best tutorial on the topic what is SATA AHCI? How is standard SATA AHCI different from IDE?