If you wish to download or save GIF files from Twitter on your PC, Android, and iPhone devices, you can do it in the usual way. The reason is when someone uploads GIF files on Twitter; it is automatically converted into MP4 format. Therefore, it becomes impossible to save those files in GIF format directly. But it doesn’t mean you can’t do this. Here you go through the entire working steps which may lead you to download the GIF files from Twitter on your PC as well as in your Android and iPhone devices.
But before getting started we would also like to let you know what GIF files are and why are they trending in Social Media?
What are GIFs & Why are they trending in Social Media?
Graphical Interchange Format or GIF are nothing but the images with a continuous loop of animations. It may contain the series of images or soundless videos repeating again and again in a continuous manner. It looks like MP4 videos. The only difference is that you need not hit the play button like in MP4 videos. GIF was invented by Steve Wilhite in 1987. Nowadays, GIF is highly trending in Social Media Sites, chat groups like facebook messenger & WhatsApp….etc.
GIFs are a convenient medium for representing and expressing your thoughts without voice or text. You may share your feeling like sad, happy, proud,…etc with the help of GIFs. Due to its creativity and eye-catching look, lots of companies are using the GIF file on their website as well as on their social media pages to promote their brand and services. Therefore, GIFs are being used not only for entertaining but also for commercial purposes… etc.
Here is how to save the GIF files from Twitter on Android, iPhone and your Personal Computer. Just follow these steps one by one—
How to Save GIFs from Twitter on Android?
If you are an Android user, you will be able to download and Save the GIF files from Twitter. All you need to do is just open your Google Play Store and download the App called Twit2gif. This app amazingly works and convenient to use. It also works like GIFWrapped for iPhone users.
Here are the some simplest steps for how to save GIFs from Twitter on Android—
- Install the Twitter Application on your android device
- Select the GIF file which you want to save or download.
- Now copy the link URL of that GIF File
- Go to Twit2gif APP and paste the link there
- Select the Format in which you would like to download (i.e GIF, MP4)
- Now hit the Download button
You have successfully downloaded the required GIF file from Twitter. But this app is not compatible with iPhone users. If you are using iPhone devices, you can scroll down to the next option.
How to Save GIFs from Twitter on the iPhone?
If you are using an iPhone device, you will require launching an application called “GIFwrapped ”. This app can be found on the iTunes App store with free of cost. Once GIFwrapped App installation, you just need to follow these steps—
- From your Twitter account, search for the tweet including the GIF file files.
- Select the GIF files which you require to download.
- Now hit the share button.
- Now select the option “Share Tweet via…” from the notification
- Then click on “Copy Link to Tweet”.
- You will see a flash notification that you have saved the link on Clipboard.
- Go to GIFwrapped App and Select “Search”.
- Hit the “Use Clipboard” option from the left pane. Now you’ll be able to see the required GIF file in a Wink.
- Now you can save the GIF file into Library by using the Camera Roll tab.
If you neither an Android nor an iPhone user, you may scroll down to the next alternative. You can also save the GIF files from Twitter on your PC.
How to save GIFs from Twitter on a PC?
As we stated above, it is impossible to directly download the GIFs from Twitter because GIFs are automatically converted into MP4 extension. Therefore, it becomes different from the usual way to download the images by using Right click and choose the option named “save image as”. If you are a chrome user, then you can do it by installing the chrome extension named “Twitter Video Assist”. Once after your install this chrome extension, just follow these steps one by one—
- Go to Your Twitter Account and start searching the twit containing the GIF file.
- Now right click on the GIF file which you want to download with the GIF extension.
- Click on “Save this Twitter Video”.
- Your Chrome browser will start downloading the file as usual as it works for the other images.
- Now select the appropriate extensions in which you want to save the file like GIF or MP4 from extension icon’s bar.
You have successfully saved the file from Twitter on your required format. But in case you aren’t using chrome browser, you don’t need to be upset. Here you go an alternative option to save GIF files from Twitter on PC
- Just copy the tweet link containing the GIF file
- Hit the URL: https://ezgif.com/optimize
- Now paste the link URL in the “Paste Image URL” box.
- Then click the Upload button.
- But it will still in MP4 extension. To convert it into GIF file scroll down to click “Convert into GIF”.
Now in a few seconds, you will successfully get that twitter image in original GIF format.