Hello Folks, here we are sharing an article which discusses the most common question – “Is Bluestacks Safe?”. We came across many forums and saw that many people were asking questions related to Bluestacks. So we decided to dedicate a blog which will help to solve all the queries related to Bluestacks.
So let’s start with a basic question so that even new users will understand.
What is Bluestacks?
Bluestacks is an American Technology company which was founded 9 years back in April 2009. Bluestacks App enables the Android Applications to run on PC running with Windows operating system. The software’s basic feature is easy to download and enjoy free to use. Few advanced optional featured do require a premium monthly subscription. The company claims that Bluestacks has the ability to run over 96% of apps on the Google Play store.
Is Bluestacks Safe? Is it Legal & Safe to Download Bluetacks?
Now, we will discuss the question which most of you have in your minds – Is Bluestcks Safe?. Well, the features the Bluestacks App Player possess, surely has the ability to attract many users towards the software. But is Bluestacks safe and legal to use?
Bluestacks App Player is an emulator to run Android apps & games on Windows or Mac. So with assurance, we can state that Bluestacks is not any kind of virus or malware. It is surely safe to use and we will recommend our readers to use the software tension free. But, we will like to share that Bluestacks can sync the data from your Android device. So if you do not wish the data to sync, then be careful and read and check the boxes accordingly while installing Bluestacks.
Here we are sharing few Bluestacks reviews which are shared by some Bluestacks users,
Lon McGregor (12-06-2014)
This site works fine, my antivirus did not detect any issues with software distributed here.
The software itself works well.
Bluestack App Player – Android Apps – Top!
Downloaded it, looking good Android emulator, then few seconds later, Malware Bytes detected by Trojan.
Malwarebytes said that the installer has trojan, injector, but the program is legit.
How to Download & Install Bluestacks on PC or Laptop
We all know what is Bluestacks and if it’s safe to download and use. Now we will discuss how to download and Install Bluestacks on PC or Laptop.
- Go to the official website of Bluestacks – bluestacks.com. Click the download button on the website.
- Once the file is downloaded, start the installation process.
- Accept all terms & conditions by clicking NEXT.
- Keep the default Installation location as it is.
- To run Bluestacks, enable the App store access and Application Communication.
- Click the Install button. The process will take few minutes to complete.
- Click FINISH and Blue stacks will open automatically.
How to Root Bluestacks?
- If you are an old user of Bluestacks and have the software already installed, then please uninstall the software.
- While uninstalling, you can choose to keep the files and data of Bluestacks.
- Once the uninstalling process is done, download Pre-Rooted Bluestacks App Player.
- Uncheck “Use our download manager and get recommended downloads” option while downloading Pre-rooted Bluestacks App Player.
- Unzip the folder once the software is downloaded. After opening the unzipped folders, you will find Root.fs and initrd.img. Copy both the folders.
- Open Bluestacks again and select the “Apps” option.
- Download an App named – Root Checker from Google Play store. Start the rooting process.
- Once the process is done, your Bluestacks has been rooted.
How to Install APK on Bluestacks
We have already shared the complete steps to download Bluestacks on your PC. But many people don’t know how to Install APK on Bluestacks. So we are discussing the steps to install APK on Bluestacks.
- Download the APK which you desire to install.
- Once the APK is downloaded, double click the APK file. If you have no other programs associated to APK file type, then Bluestacks will automatically detect and install the APK File using Bluestacks.
- If APK File doesn’t open automatically using Bluestacks, then right click on the APK File and select Open with. Browse to Bluestacks and the file will be ready to go.