IRCTC Registration: Create IRCTC New Account (Indian Railways) – Indian railway has the largest rail network in the whole world. Thousands of trains ply all over the country every day and help millions of people move across the vastness of our country. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) is a well-known subsidiary of Indian Railways and offer numerous facilities to make train travel immensely easy.
IRCTC allows users to book tickets online from the comfort of their desktop and even smartphones. Apart from letting you book normal and tatkal tickets for trains, IRCTC’s online portal also allows you to avail several government-sponsored schemes for train travelers. With this blog post, we will let you know how to create IRCTC account online via IRCTC website and Mobile App. If you are here as you are looking for the easiest way to update your mobile number or have an issue regarding password recover, everything is resolved here with just a few simplest steps—
All you need to do these things is to have a valid IRCTC account.
How to Create IRCTC Account Online?
Anyone can create an IRCTC account as it is completely free of charge. To start, you need to open the IRCTC website ( https://www.irctc.co.in ). Next, click on the link titled as ‘Registration’ on the home page of IRCTC website.
This will open an online registration form for creating an IRCTC account. You only need to fill in basic information about yourself and register with the IRCTC portal online. Once you fill the online form completely, you can start using your IRCTC account to book train tickets and do a lot more.
Here are the details that are required to be filled in the online registration form to create an IRCTC account:
- Username – Username will be the title that shows on your IRCTC account profile. It can contain between 4 and 10 characters.
- Security question –Ensure to choose a security question which can be used to verify the identity of the user in case of online identity theft. Make sure the answer to the security question cannot be guessed by anyone else.
- Name –Fill your complete name – first name, middle name and last name.
- Gender –Choose the appropriate gender in the form.
- Occupation –Ensure to choose your profession from the drop-down list on the form.
- Marital Status –Enter your current marital status.
- Date of Birth –Make sure to enter your correct date of birth, which is the same as that on your main photo ID (Aadhar card, Driving License, Passport, etc).
- Email ID –Enter your working email ID to receive prompt notifications at all times.
- Mobile Number –Enter your functioning mobile phone number to get announcements and confirmation of your booking swiftly.
- Address –Enter your complete home address, along with the correct PIN code.
- Captcha –Finish the Captcha portion to confirm that you are a real person and not an automated bot by clicking on the ‘Verify’ button given below the Captcha panel.
Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button you will promptly receive your IRCTC account details – Login ID and Password – on your registered email address. You will also get a unique One-Time-Password (OTP) number on your registered mobile number.
All you need to do now is enter the OTP correctly in the given field in the registration form and finally click on ‘Submit’ after checking to see that all the details you have filled in are correct to the best of your knowledge.
This is the easiest way to create a new IRCTC account online from your desktop PC. IRCTC also offers the online registration service to mobile phone users in an effort to increase efficiency.
How to Create IRCTC New Account on Mobile App?
Today, when almost everyone in the country seems to own a smartphone, IRCTC has taken advantage of this increasing penetration of technology and allows passengers to create new IRCTC account using their mobile phones too.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to create new IRCTC account on mobile smartphones:
- Play Store – Access Google Play Store on your Android (iPhone users need to open the Apple Store) and search for ‘IRCTC Connect’ app. Click on the ‘download’ button to install the IRCTC Connect app successfully on your smartphone.
- Registration –Once you open the app, you will be required to ‘Log-in’ (for existing users) or to ‘Register’ (for new users). Tap on the ‘Register’ button to begin creating a new IRCTC account on your mobile.
- Personal Details–Once you tap on the ‘Register’ button, the online registration form will open on your mobile screen. You will need to correctly fill in the details, such as Username (between 4 and 10 characters), password, full name, date of birth, mobile number and valid email ID. Once you finish filling in these details, tap on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom of the mobile screen.
- Additional Details –A new window will open which requires you to fill in your complete and proper home address (along with correct PIN code), along with your nationality, occupation, gender, marital status as well as a security question. Once you fill in all the mandatory fields, you need to tap on ‘Next’ at the bottom of the screen.
This simple procedure helps you to open a new IRCTC account using your mobile smartphones easily.
How to Update New Number in Existing IRCTC Account?
If you have an existing account then it is very easy to change or update the registered mobile number on your IRCTC account. Here’s how to update the new number in existing IRCTC account easily:
- Open the official IRCTC website and Log-in to your IRCTC account.
- Once successfully logged-in, you need to click on the ‘User Profile’ section.
- Once the User Profile panel opens, you need to click on ‘Update Profile’ button.
- Scroll to your existing registered mobile number in the list of details and select to ‘Add’ new mobile number and replace the old one.
- After typing in the new mobile number, click on ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the screen.
- You will receive an OTP on the new mobile number. Type in the OTP on the shown panel and click on ‘Submit OTP’ button.
Once you choose to submit the OTP, you immediately get a notification message on your mobile indicating that your new phone number has been successfully updated on your IRCTC account.
How to Recover IRCTC Password?
There are times, when you may forget your IRCTC password but remember the IRCTC account username. Follow these simple steps to recover the IRCTC password easily:
- Log-in to your IRCTC account online.
- Click on the ‘Forgot password’ link in the log-in section.
- Enter the username and solve the captcha, then click on the ‘proceed’ button.
- You will now be asked the security question you had initially selected at the time of registration/creating new IRCTC account. Answer the security question correctly and completely and click on ‘proceed’ to process your reply.
If your answer to the security question is correct, you will immediately receive an email on your registered email ID. Simply follow the easy instructions in this email and you can successfully recover IRCTC password.