If you are a windows user, it’s very common that you might face this error saying “Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area”. This also often called Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). The error may disappear once after your reboot your PC. But in case you still see this blue screen error, it means you need to follow some DIY steps to get rid of this bug. If you are getting this error, you aren’t alone. Many Windows 8/8.1 users are facing such sorts of error. The problem is not very serious as you can easily fix the error “Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area”.
Before learning how to fix, first, you should know what this error means?
What is a Page Fault in the Non-paged Area Error?
The most basic error “Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area” means that your PC is unable to get allocated a page of memory in order to continue the process. Therefore, windows server was not able to further run the process and crashed. This consequently throws the error with Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
A memory location that holds data that is critical to run the system is known as the Non-Paged area. To keep the system running smoothly, data is the vital element. To run the processes with faster way data is held constantly in RAM that swapping data between RAM and Page File. In the Non-paged area, data should not be moved from RAM to the page files stored
Now let’s know the reasons why this error appear during when you start your PC
What causes Page Fault in the Non-paged Area?
The occurring of this error is simply the cause of crashing the process to access the critical data from memory. The reason is data is moved to a non-paged area that was not accessible by the windows. Such kinds of error can never the cause of coding error but mostly like to happen due to some hardware issues. A possibility of virus attack might be also there. Below the key points that may cause to throw this issue with BSOD.
- Corrupted device driver.
- Hardware malfunctions such as RAM or Hard disk issues.
- Misconfigured Antivirus Program.
Now here is how to fix the issue “Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area”?
5 Simple Ways to Fix Page Fault in the Non-paged Area Error in Windows
Here you go for the simplest DIY methods to permanently fix the Page Fault error in Windows—
Solution1: Disk Checking
- To check your hard drive you need to follow these simplest clicks—
- Click the right mouse button over the C drive icon or on the drive where your OS is installed.
- Click on Properties option from the menu
- Move to Tools option and click on “Check Now”.
- A dialog box will appear with two checkboxes.
- Mark both the checkboxes and click on “Start”.
- A message may appear saying that “Windows can’t run the checkup while the disk is being used”.
- You will see the disk scheduling option. Click on the option to schedule the disk check for the next time when your PC starts.
- Reboot your PC now.
The error will possibly go out of the window. But in case the error is still showing, you need to continue the next solution.
Solution 2: Page Files Resetting
You are required here to follow some clicks give below:
- Click the right mouse button on “My Computer”.
- Go to “Properties” and then move to “Advanced System Settings”.
- Now left click on “Performance Setting” and move to “Advanced” tab.
- From the Virtual Memory section, click on Change Button
- Remove the ticks from the checkboxes to stop the process to automatic page file management.
- Select your drive from the list of drivers below.
- Click on “No paging file” and click on “Set”.
- You may see some kind of warning message. Click on “Apply” then “OK”
- Now restart your PC and repeat the steps again stated as above.
- This time you need to click on System managed size before clicking “Set”.
- Restart the system again.
Hopefully, this will solve this problem or you may continue to next DIY steps in case the error is still there.
Solution 3: Last Known Good Configuration:
If the above two options aren’t working for you to fix the “Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area” error, hopefully, these following step may remove the error.
- Start your PC
- Press the F8 key while processing to start.
- From the Windows “Advanced” options menu select “Last Known Good Configuration”.
- Now press “Enter”
However F8 key might not work for windows 8 /10 users. But don’t need to disappoint. Be positive and scroll the next solution for fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area error.
Solution 4: Remove Corrupted Driver:
- Click on Window button at the bottom left of the taskbar or click “Window” key.
- Now search for “Device Manager”
- Select the one with a yellow exclamation mark beside the driver title.
- Click the right mouse button on the driver and click on “Update”.
- Now, wait for a while till the proceeding for searching the updated drive is done.
- In case update fails, again click the mouse button over it and select “Disable”.
As another alternative, you can also try to uninstall your Antivirus software to see if that solves the problem. If the problem has gone after uninstalling the antivirus program, it means you need the new one.
Solution 5: Checking the RAM
- Go to Control Panel
- From the search box here, type “Memory Problems”.
- An admin tool will appear to diagnose the problem.
- Click it to run the process to check the RAM.
- You may be asked to reboot your PC.
- Once you restart your system, it displays the results of diagnosing the issues.
If you are still facing the problem, it means you need to replace your existing RAM with the new one.
Hope all these solutions would effectively work for you to permanently fix the error “Page Fault In Non-paged Area” by your own.