What is WOW Error 132 Fatal Exception
Error 132 Fatal Exception Error might be faced by the user while playing the trendiest video game World of Warcraft (WOW). If you are also the one seeking the best ways to get rid of the error, here you will go through the working steps to troubleshoot the issue. This is the fatal error produced due to the crash in temporary files of the game called World of Warcraft. The system requires temporary files to save and read and to continue the game in a smooth manner.
In case your system becomes unable to read and save the temporary files, it leads to hitting the Error 132 Fatal Exception like this:
ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe Exception: 0xC0000096 (PRIV_INSTRUCTION) at 001B:023327B0
Therefore, the very first and only troubleshoot is to repair and temporary files correctly. You need to find the actual issues which prevent these files to save and read the game’s instructions. While playing the game if you found this issue, don’t think it’s just you alone. Many users are there complaining this Error 132 Fatal Exception. But you don’t need to worry. In just fewer working troubleshooting steps, you can easily remove this error and enjoy the game again.
How to Fix WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception Issue
Here you Go! How to Fix WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception Issue Easily –
Since the main cause of the error is the inability of your computer to save and read the temp files. It also leads to deleting the entire logical instructions saved in the temp files and therefore, the game is started once again from the first level. To remove this error, you may try your hands for these troubleshooting steps—
- Click on “My computer” desktop icon.
- Now move to the location where you had installed the game. If you are unable to find out, go to Program Files and search for the Warcraft game folder.
- Now within the Warcraft folder, search another folder named as “Interface”.
- Once you find out the interface folder, now rename it as you wish.
- Again start your search for another folder called Cache and rename it as you wish.
- Now search for the folder named as WTF and again rename it whatever you wish.
That’s it, you have done all. Now you will wonder that the WOW error 132 has been successfully removed just by simply renaming the folders. Now cheer up if this works or move to next troubleshoot in case the error is still occurring. Also in most cases, users are unable to find out the WTF, Interface and cache folders. It clearly means that this troubleshooting is not for them. Just move to next way to troubleshoot the error.
If the first troubleshoot is failed, it means the problem is not due to temp files. The problem may also reside in your systems’ video drivers. In this troubleshoot you will know how to fix the error in the computer’s video driver which is causing to Error 132 Fatal Exception message. Since the WOW game has quality graphics for the best gaming experiences, it may result in incompatibility with your existing video drivers. Here are steps to help you to update the video drivers. However, it may take time to update but the process is quite easy.
- Open your Internet browser whatever you normally use.
- Search for ATI or NVidia official website.
- Now, head to the download area and hit the software update link.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions until finishing up the process to update the video driver.
Start the game again and see the problem has removed. In case it’s still there, you need to follow the next troubleshooting instructions.
If nothing works in above two, you are required to uninstall and download the WOW game again. This may irritate you but it’s the fact as the problem is not due to temporary files and video drivers. Therefore, the only option for you is to reinstall the World of Warcraft game. If you don’t know how to delete or uninstall the game, you just need to follow these simplest instructions.
- Click the left mouse button over the start menu icon
- Head to control panel
- Click on Add/Remove Programs link
- Search the World of Warcraft game application.
- Click the right mouse button and select remove to delete the game application
Once after successfully uninstalling the game, you are free to install it again. Make sure you use the original installation CD before getting started. The new installation will surely remove the error and you can enjoy the best WOW gaming experience.
Hope all these troubleshoot to repair the WoW Error 132 Fatal Exception Issue easily will cheer up the gamers. We are also awaiting your positive feedback and your experience with this error.