ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome is one of the most common errors which are very easy to resolve. If you are facing this issue, don’t think you are alone. Lots of Chrome users usually complain about this error. We are sure, you did harder to troubleshoot the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. But unfortunately, you failed to do so. You don’t need to worry now.
As forever, we have come back again with the effective troubleshooting for another tech issue. Here you will know how to fix the issue called ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome. But before you learn troubleshooting steps, for a better learning experience you should first know about ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome and what are the causes responsible for throwing this error?
So, let’s begin!
What is Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
This is the error mostly occurs if you are still using the older Chrome version. SPDY is an issue related to network security. It’s the protocol which is not supported by Google after the launch of HTTP 2. However, this may not the only reason causes to occur Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Many other reasons like VPN support and conditions may also relate to the occurring of this error.
What Causes Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
Whenever you request web browser to access web pages, it processes the request through SPDY protocol. Now if your browser uses the outdated SPDY protocol, Google will be unable to process and reports the issue stated as Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. This Error may be of any type like these—
- err_spdy_protocol_error nginx
- failed to load resource: net::err_spdy_protocol_error
- err_spdy_protocol_error Cloudflare
- net::err_spdy_protocol_error nginx
How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR In Google Chrome
Fixing the SPDY protocol is the most common fix to resolve all these kind of errors. If you don’t how to fix the SPDY protocol to get rid of the issue ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR, you just need to follow some troubleshoot having simplest working DIY steps.
Get Updated Chrome Browser:
For better web browsing experience, Google chrome is enhanced and featured with lots of possibilities for the users. So, it’s very crucial for the users to have recently updated Chrome version. Google merely supports the newest version of the SPDY protocol. On failing which it may throw an error.
To update your chrome browser, you just need hit the URL “chrome://settings/help”. That’s it. You chrome browser will automatically access the latest look and features as well. Now check whether the error has gone. But if you are facing the same error, you need to follow the next step.
Remove Cookies and Cache:
Unwanted caches and cookies may also create hindrances in your internet surfing. Suppose you still have old cookies in your browser with HTTP version and the site you’re exploring are updated with HTTPS, then it may throw error called ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR due to the unsupported HTTP version. Therefore, if you are facing this error, you can try to remove cache and cookies to resolve the issue. Here are steps for how to remove cache and cookies—
- You can see the three vertical dots next to your Gmail profile at the top right end. Click It and go to settings.
- Scroll down to search the link “Advanced Option”. Hit this link to explore more options.
- Move to the Privacy and Security section and click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
- From the time range dropdown, select “All Time”.
- Now, click the button “Clear Data” to clear entire cache and cookies from your Google Chrome browser.
- Next, you should just wait and watch until the process finished.
Cross check the browser and be sure whether the problem has gone. If you still have the same issue, it means the reasons are different. You can try your hands with other troubleshooting methods listed next.
Configure Antivirus Program:
Most of users resolved this issue, by configuring the antivirus program. In many cases, your antivirus program may also trigger ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. So you can also try to reconfigure your antivirus software. Hope it would work for you to remove the error. Here are the steps you can follow to reconfigure your antivirus program.
- Go to settings option and check for shield protection feature
- Now add the web URLs which you can’t access. Make sure that you are adding the highly secured websites.
- You can also use applications like Windows Defender and link Chrome browser in the app list to work properly.
Now, restart the browser and check whether the problem is resolved or not. If you are still facing the same issue, move to the methods listed next in the sequence.
Refresh Chrome Socket Pools:
Refreshing chrome sockets are the best way to get rid of the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. In chrome browser, it’s very easy to flush sockets. But before getting started you should make sure all the browser sessions are destroyed. Failing which your active sessions may get broken.
You just need to follow these steps—
- Hit this URL from your chrome browser “chrome://net-internals/#sockects”.
- Now from the requested page, search for Flush Socket Pools button and click to remove the sockets.
Now, check whether you are able to access the earlier problematic websites. If not, move to the next ways.
IP Address Configuration:
To resolve the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR problem, you can also configure or renew the IP address. If you don’t know how to renew the IP Address and how to assign an IP Address to acquire stable internet connection in Windows 10, you can follow these easy steps—
- Click the right mouse button on Start and select “Windows PowerShell” option.
- Now Type the command “ipconfig/flashdns” and press enter. This will flush DNS.
- Now type the next command “ipconfig/release” and press enter. This will renew your IP address.
- Now restart your browser and check the status of the issue.
If you are using MAC OS, you need to follow these steps to renew IP address—
- Click on the Apple icon and move to “Network Settings”.
- Select the active network and hit the “advanced” button.
- Within the TCP/IP section, hit the link “Renew DHCP Lease”. This will auto-renew IP address.
If you have successfully resolved the issue, then be cheered up. You don’t need to go further for the next methods.
All these above are the best and effective ways to resolve the issue Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Before listing, we had gone through deeply with each and selected the best ways for how to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR problem. We are also waiting for your humble response and your own troubleshooting experience about the issue ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR problem.