Epson Error Code 0x97 – Undoubtedly, Epson printers are the best one of the most preferred printers available online and offline marketplaces. But it doesn’t mean that you never stuck with any issue. Most of Epson printer users are consistently complaining of the Error code 0x97. This error displays while printing and stop working afterward. The error is really irritating because it may occur at any moment without any sings and warning. Usually, this error instructs the user to turn the printer on and off again and again.
If you are also the one having Epson printer and facing the error code 0x97, you have reached the best and most appropriate blog post. This time, we are here to assist Epson printers’ users who are still facing the Error code 0x97. To fix this error, you don’t need to be panic or irritate. This is an issue which is most commonly faced by the users. You also don’t need hiring any experts and spending a lot to resolve such a tiny issue.
We have listed out some effective troubleshooting DIY steps to let you get rid of the error code 0x97 generated by Epson Printers. But before this, we would like to give a short description about this error.
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
Due to internal hardware issues, like crashing in the motherboard, any hardware is the root cause to generate the error 0x97. However, there are very few printer models that may face such kind of hardware issue. Usually, WF-3620, WF-4630, WF-3640 and 7610 models may irritate the users by throwing the error 0x97. After the error generates, your printer stops printing and suddenly power off.
How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
Next, you will know some working and effective hacks to resolve the error code 0x97.
Plug-in & Unplug
This is the most common troubleshooting that most people try to get rid of the error 0x97. But before, getting started you must go through the instruction manual provided along with the printer. Why, because the steps may vary from model to model. Here we have listed some common methods to plug-in and unplug the printer from your desktop and laptop computers.
- Check whether there are jammed papers or debris under the printer casing. If you find any, this may also cause the error.
- Next, you need to unplug the entire USB cables to disconnect the printer from your device.
- Now press the power button to turn on the printer. This step is due to remove the residual current in the printer.
- Reconnect the printer from your device using USB cables.
Now turn on the printer and start printing. Check whether the issue has gone. If you are still facing the same problem, you need to try another fix.
Plug-in & Unplug Alternative
If the above method didn’t work for you, here you can try this fix. With this way you can also cross-check and ensure whether the error is caused by the internal hardware malfunctioning and failure or not. So, let get started now—
- First, switch off your printer and unplug all the cables.
- Now wait for 5 minutes and then press and hold the power button up to 60 seconds.
- Next, you can plug in the cable (without releasing the power button) keep hold the button 60 seconds more.
- After 120 seconds, release the power button and check whether the error has gone.
In case the error is still there on the printer, you need to try another troubleshooting fix without losing your patience.
Use Wet Tissue to Clean Waste Ink
Many times, error 0x97 generates due to the waste ink spread around the head sprayer. Therefore, you can get rid of the issue just by cleaning the waste ink. But before getting started you need to attentively go through the instruction manual or simply follow these steps. Make sure this method requires some specific technical knowledge and so it’s not for everyone. If you are not an expert, we will suggest you ask an expert.
- First, turn off your printer and open printer casing.
- Take a tissue and wet it with warm water and safely move the printer head to the center.
- Put the wet tissue to the head to clean the mechanic pad.
- Now move the head to the parking spot and wait up to 10 minutes.
Now remove the issue and reset everything. Check whether the error has gone. If you still face the same problems, repeat the whole process up to 3 times. If still, it doesn’t work, you need to proceed for another fix.
Contact Customer Support
If none of the above methods worked to let you get rid of the Epson error code 0x97, the last step is to contact Epson customer support because the problem is surely due to the hardware crashing. You need to repair the replace the affected hardware. If your Epson printer comes under the warranty cover, you can repair your printer free of cost.