How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation in Windows – During your work on your computer, you suddenly see an annoying blue screen popup window with a text “DPC Watchdog Violation”. This is nothing but a DPC Watchdog Violation Error. But you don’t need to worry. You just need to push some clicks step by step and the problems will be resolved in just a matter of minutes.
Reasons behind DPC Watchdog Violation Error
If you are a Window 8/8.1 or Window 10 user, you may face DPC watchdog violation issues. The problems occur due to many reasons such as older SSD version, unsupportable SSD files, incompatible hardware issues, and corrupted system files etc. If you face such sort of issue, you are not alone. Nowadays lots of users of Windows 8/10 operating system are commonly facing the DPC watchdog incompatibility issues. Are you searching the DIY to resolve this issue? You are at the right place. Here you go through the complete step by step guidelines for how to resolve DPC watchdog violation error.
How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Issues?
The very first step is to cross-check the SSD firmware version. If it’s not up to date, you need to upgrade it into the latest version. If the issue is due to the other incompatible hardware, you are suggested to remove the affected hardware from your device the one which you think the source of the issue. Many times, the problem may occur due to a new hardware installation on the computer. If the problem is still there, you need to follow and try these solutions to fix DPC watchdog problems.
Before getting started you should make that you have removed all the external hardware devices except keyboards and mouse to check the persistence of issue. If the problem is gone, it means it was due to one the of hardware devices incompatibility. If the problem is still the same, here you go –
Update Solid State Drive
Download the latest SSD version on your desktop or laptop device. Make you sure that you are downloading files from the authorized and reliable manufacturer’s website. Once after downloading update your SSD firmware. If you don’t know how to see the SSD version, here are instructions are given below—
- Open the File Explorer (Press: Windows + E)
- At the left sidebar, click your right mouse button on My Computer. Click on Manage options from the list. In some other version, it ha as the different name “This PC”.
- From manage window, click on Device Manager from the left sidebar.
- From there, you can see the current SSD version and model number you are using in your computer.
Remove Corrupted System Files:
Blue screen error (DPC Watchdog Error) may cause due to corrupted system files. Here are some working steps to fix the DPC Watchdog Violation Error and you would also know how to remove the corrupted system files on your computer. Once you removed these files, you will automatically get rid of the issue.
- Open the Command Prompt
- Type: “CHKDSK C: /F /R”. Press “Enter” Now
- You would see a text message “Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process”. If you would like to schedule the volume to be checked the next time when you reboot your system, then press Y and press “Enter”.
- Now reboot your computer.
The process of restarting your system may take a while to finish. You are also recommended not to turn off the computer while processing.
Scan and Fix System Files:
Sometimes scanning and fixing system files resolves the DPC violation issue on your device. Here are the steps in order to fix and scan system files —
- Open the Command Prompt as an admin
- Type: SFC/scannow
- Press Enter
- Wait for a while till the process is finished
- Reboot your System
Hope these technical step by step guidelines may lead to permanently resolve DPC_Watchdog_Error.