How to Delete Steam Account – Steam is a globally popular gaming platform. It has thousands of games in numerous genres that keep users entertained for hours. To use this impressive gaming platform, you are required to create your own Steam account on the website. Although you can use multiple accounts from your PC it is not possible for multiple players to use one Steam account at the same time.
There can be numerous reasons for you to remove your account from the gaming portal. There are simple steps that allow users to cancel their Steam account or delete the Steam account permanently.
It is very important to note that once you delete the Steam account you will lose all games and saved data as far as your Steam-powered games are concerned. So think hard before you finally decide that you wish to cancel your Steam account or to delete the Steam account permanently.
How to Cancel Steam Account?
Canceling Steam account means that you wish to remove the Steam account that does not have games downloaded through it yet.
To cancel your dormant Steam account you can follow these simple steps:
- Use your browser to access the Steam website.
- Scroll your mouse to “Support” button at the top of the page.
- Simply send an email to the Steam Support mail ID requesting to cancel your Steam account.
Although Steam team will cancel your Steam account if there are no games downloaded with it, the regulations restrict the Steam support team to cancel a Steam account with games downloaded as these are stored in the Steam database.
The Steam support team will respond swiftly with a confirmation via email.
How to Delete Steam Account Permanently?
However, if you wish to delete your active (or dormant) Steam account permanently, then you can follow one of the 3 methods described below.
Method 1 – Deleting Steam Account Online
- Visit the official Steam website
- Log-in to your Steam account (if not automatically logged-in)
- Click on your profile button on the top right corner
- Select “Account Details” from the drop-down menu
- Click on “Delete Account” button from the drop-down list
- Click on “Proceed to Account Deletion” option, which starts the process to delete Steam accounts
- Once you fill in the verification form to confirm ownership of the account, click on “Submit” at the end
- Check your email for a mail from the Steam support team.
- Click on the provided link
Once you click on the link in your email, your Steam account automatically gets locked for the next 30 days. This eventually results in your Steam account getting delete permanently online.
Method 2 – Delete Steam Account from PC
- Open Control Panel of your PC
- Select the “Programs” option
- Click on “Uninstall a Program” option below “Programs and Features”.
- Scroll over to Steam icon on the programs list
- Right-click on Steam icon, select “Remove/Change/Uninstall”
This immediately removes all games and data of your Steam account from your computer permanently.
Method 3 – Automatic Steam Account Deactivation
Another method to get Steam account deleted permanently is to stop its use completely. Although you will also need to manually delete all games from your Steam games list for this first. As per company policy, if your Steam account is not used for a year, the account is deactivated automatically by the company.
These are the few simple methods on how to delete the Steam account which we hope are helpful to you. We are also waiting for your humble response through our comment section below this article. Let us know your novel experiences with your steam account.