Error 651 usually may occur when you try to connect a wireless device with your PC or access a cable internet connection just after upgrading Windows version 8.1/10. Error 651 prevents you from using your internet connection and you also cannot connect any wireless device with your PC. This error is generally a cause of authorization or registration issues. On account of occurring this bug, your PC become fail to recognize the Router or Hub Devices and consequently fail to establish any sorts of the network.
What is Error 651 and the Reasons behind Error 651?
Moreover, if you try to connect another device with your wireless internet connection, it is successfully recognized and connected. This means that Error 651 is mainly the issue generated due to Window 8.1 or Window 10 incompatibility in your PC. If you are seeing this error, It doesn’t mean that you are alone. Many new users of Widow 8 or 10 may face such kind of problems after they upgrade their OS. In short, you may face Error 651 due to following issues:
- Removal or Misplacing of System File
- Unauthorized or Corrupted Registry
- IP Address Confliction
- Broken Internet Configuration
But you don’t need to worry at all. Here you can go through the detailed DIY steps to permanently fix the Issue 651 connection failed.
How to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651?
Here you go the permanent Fix to resolve the Error 651. All you need to do is just follow these following DIY steps—
IP Address uniquely identifies your PC across the internet. One of the main causes of Error 651 may be IP Address Confliction when you try your PC to get connected via the Internet. So your first focus should go towards the TCP/IP Resetting Process to resolve the issue. Before this, you may once restart your PC. If the problem is still the same, then go ahead for the following
- Open your “DOS Prompt Area” just by typing CMD on search and Hit Enter
- Just Type of copy the command: “netsh int ip reset reset.log” and press “Enter”
- Restart your PC Now.
Now check whether the Error 651 is Resolved or if the problem is still there, go ahead for the next solutions given below.
Dial-Up Connection Resetting:
When your existing internet connection is corrupted, hanged or blocked, this also causes to throw Error 651. In this case, the effective and working solution is to reset the Dial-Up connection. Here are steps for how to reset the dial-up connection to get rid of the Error 651.
Go to Network and Sharing Center. If you are a Window 10 user, you can see this option with the name “Network & Internet”.
- Now move to Adaptor Options.
- Here you will see your modem or dial-up connection.
- Now click the right mouse button on a dial-up connection and create a copy.
- Delete the older connection and try to connect your PC with the new one
Hope this would greatly work for you. But don’t need to disappoint if you are still facing the Error 651
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6)
In the sequence of resolving Error 651, this is also one more way to fix. This way you can simply fix the connection error 651. Here are the steps to perform disabling IPV6—
- Open “Control Panel” and move to “Network & Sharing Center”.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center to Update Adapter Settings
- Click the right mouse button on the connection you use to access the internet
- Go to Networking tab and remove the check from IPv6 connection
Here is one more alternative option if you face some kind of hindrance in the above option.
- Open Control panel and click on Network and Sharing Center option.
- Click on an active connection you use
- Choose properties from the menu
- From the networking tab, uncheck the IPV6 connection.
Disable Auto Tuning:
If you are still wondering about the fix to resolve the connection error 651, you can go through one more working option i.e disable windows auto-tuning feature. Below the key steps to perform this operation—
- Open command prompt
- Type the command or copy paste the given command: “Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled”
- Now press “Enter”.
- Now you have successfully disabled autotuning options in your Windows server.
Now you can try again to connect your PC with the internet. Hopefully, you would solve the connection failed error 651. Move to ext option, if you didn’t get solved your problem.
Perform Clean Boot
An interruption in Windows services can also be one of the reasons for generating error 651. If you are not sure about the reasons behind connection failed error 651, you are suggested to try every possible step to get rid of the issue. Here is how to perform clean boot operation to remove the Error 651.
- Press Windows+ R, you will see a Run Dialog box
- Type “myconfig” in the text box and press “Enter”
- Once you hit Enter another dialog box appears.
- Click on “General” Tab and select “Selective startup” and then choose the option“Load startup”
- Move to the “Service” option. Now check Hide to hide all Microsoft services.
- Disable all services now just by clicking “Disable All”.
- Now restart your computer to perform a clean boot.
Network Adapter Reinstallation:
Reinstallation is also one of the most recommended solutions to fix the connection failed Error 651. You may uninstall or reinstall your existing network adapter and can see the magic. Here is how to reinstall the network adapter. Just go through the steps and follow one by one—
- Use Key commands Window + E.
- Type “.msc” or “devmgmt.msc” in Run Window. Now hit Enter.
- Go to Network Adapter. Now click on the + sign button
- Search for the adapter that let your PC connected with Internet.
- Now right click on the adapter and choose to uninstall option from the menu options.
- That’s it. Now restart your Computer to let the windows to restore the adapter automatically.
Update or Configure Existing Drivers
Drivers should be kept maintain as they are vital software programs. If your driver fails to run any operation, it throws the connection failed error called Error 651. To update driver is a very simple task. Just download the latest version driver from the reliable sources. You may also install the driver agent software to effectively scan your computer. Choose all the selective in the list of out-dated driver and click Update. Hope you would resolve the issue after Updating or configuring the driver. In case you still have the issue, then move to next way to fix the error.
Remove the File “Raspppse.sys”
If you are a window 7 user and facing the Error 651, you might have the problem due to the default location of a file called “Raspppse.sys”. However, the right location of the file is C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. What you need to do is
- Rename the file as “Raspppse1.sys”.
- Now, you can copy the file from another widow 7 installed PC and paste it in your PC in the exact location.
- Reconnect your modem.
Hope you would cheer up now because of the removal of connection failed Error 651. Hope we deserve for your positive outcomes and humble feedbacks.