If you are a Windows user and have installed Nuance PDF Reader on your system, you are likely to see an error “The following applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup”, this is specifically under the User heading in Files.
The culprit behind this error message seems to be the Acresso Software Manager app.
If you are facing such an error message, then you need to know about Acresso Software manager, what it actually is, is the Acresso Software Manager software safe to use and how Acresso Software Manager is uninstalled/removed from your Windows 10 system.
What is Acresso Software Manager?
Also known as “Flexnet”, the Acresso Software Manager is a third-party tool that gets installed automatically on your system along with the popular Nuance PDF Reader software. It is actually used by the Nuance PDF Reader for automatically update the PDF reader. It is tasked with searching for updates, and when available, the updates are directed to the Nuance PDF Reader for installing. This even overwrites the Default Setting option that you may have chosen.
As Acresso Software Manager searched for updates constantly online, a significant amount of internet data is used in the background when your system is on. This overloads your processor and slows down your computer noticeably.
Although Nuance PDF Reader is certainly one of the more efficient free software for reading PDF format files, there is no way to avoid downloading and installing Acresso Software Manager and still use Nuance PDF Reader software. In addition, there is no mention of Acresso Software Manager (a third-party tool) being required with the Nuance PDF Reader in the vendor’s User License Agreement.
To find the Acresso Software Manager tool, you will need to open the “Applications” option in the Control Panel and search for the “isuspm.exe” application file.
Is Acresso Software Manager Safe?
Overall, Acresso Software Manager is completely safe to use. It is necessary to keep your Nuance PDF Reader software completely updated for best use. This software works in the background but consumes an increasing amount of processor power as you use the Nuance PDF Reader software.
How to Fix/Solve Acresso Software Manager Error?
On one hand, it is possible to stop seeing the error message of Acresso Software Manager by ending its Processor ID in the Windows Task Manager.
To fix/solve Acresso Software Manager error, follow these simple steps:
METHOD 1 – Using Windows Task Manager to Solve Acresso Software Manager Error:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard simultaneously
- Click on Task Manager from the list of options
- Once the Task Manager window opens, click on the “Process” tab on the top
- Scroll down the list and click on “Common Software Manager” option to expand it
- Click on “FlexNet Connect Common Software Manager” option to select/highlight it
- Finally, click on the “End Task” button at the bottom of the Task Manager window to kill the process
To know which process to end, it helps if you are aware of the specific Process ID (PID) of Acresso Software Manager on your system. Here’s how to find the PID of Acresso Software Manager in Windows Task Manager:
- Once the Windows Task manager opens, click on the “View” tab in the top toolbar
- Click on “Select Columns”
- Next, click on the option to enable “PID” (Process Identifier) to display the value
Simply check which process of the software manager is consuming the largest amount of processing power and then kill it on the main menu of your Task Manager.
In case the Acresso Software Manager continues to consume processing power extremely despite using Task Manager to end the process, then you can try ignoring the dreaded pop-up notification.
METHOD 2 – Ignore the Pop-Up
- Open Nuance PDF Reader software
- Select the “Help” option on the toolbar
- Click on Nuance on the Web button to disable the Automatic Web Update option
- Close the Nuance PDF Reader
These methods usually help to fix/solve Acresso Software Manager error on your Windows system.
How to Remove/Uninstall Acresso Software Manager?
In case you are not satisfied with simply killing the Acresso Software Manager process in the background or disabling the constant update pop-up notification on your system, you can also remove/uninstall Acresso Software Manager successfully.
Although it is not possible to uninstall Acresso Software Manager using the Remove/Uninstall Tool option from the Control Panel, the only way to ensure that the process power-consuming tool is removed is by uninstalling Nuance PDF Reader software from your computer.
These are the two steps to remove and uninstall Acresso Software Manager from your computer.
STEP 1 – Uninstalling Acresso Software Manager
Here’s how to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader to remove Acresso Software Manager from your PC or laptop:
- Open the Control Panel
- Select the “Uninstall a program” option from the screen
- Once the app/software list is loaded, scroll down to Nuance PDF Reader or Nuance Power PDF Advanced name on the list
- Press right-click on the option, next click on “Uninstall” button
This will successfully uninstall Nuance PDF Reader for removing Acresso Software Manager.
STEP 2 – Removing Acresso Software Manage
In case you do not wish to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader and need it, then follow these steps to prevent Acresso Software Manager from using processing power temporarily:
- Open Nuance PDF Reader
- Click on the “Help” option in the Toolbar
- Select “Nuance on the Web” option
- Click to uncheck the tick on “Automatic Web Update” option and disable it
This way, you can use Nuance PDF Reader without worrying about Acresso Software Manager consuming an immense amount of processing power in the background.
Hopefully, the above article was helpful in learning about Acresso Software Manager, its purpose for Nuance PDF Reader, if it is safe to use and how to prevent Acresso Software Manager notification and also how to remove/uninstall Nuance PDF Reader from your system completely.